AceBrowser is a small set of CGI scripts that work on top of AcePerl to provide a straightforward
browsable interface to any ACEDB database. It is intended to
supplement the full-featured WebAce system that is maintained
on the Sanger Centre. AceBrowser does not provide all the
functionality that WebAce provides (missing are the Table Builder and
model browsing interfaces), but it is small and relatively easy to set
up, particularly if you already have AcePerl installed.
As of AcePerl version 1.77, AceBrowser is an integral part of AcePerl.
The AcePerl installer will optionally install AceBrowser as well.
The base package is part of AcePerl. For a full-featured example of
AceBrowser used to support a "real" database, you may also want to download and examine the source code for WormBase (http://www.wormbase.org
- Archived versions
The following are demos of the system to give you a sense of the extensibility
and customizability of the system.
- The C. elegans database
- This is the current release of the full C. elegans
database. It is running on the same type of machine that this Web
server is on.
- Maize Targeted Mutagenesis Database
- This is a database of maize mutations, generated using a
transposon insertion scheme.
- Simple browser
- This is the default browser that you get without customization.
- A very skimpy database of movie titles, used for regression tests.
- Version 3.01, July 20, 2001
- Enhanced pic script to allow scrolling and zooming
- Version 2.10, September 6, 1999
- Added expression search/expression pattern display
- Multiple fixes to sequence viewer
- Laboratory viewer
- Clone viewer
- Genome dump script
- Version 2.01, January 4, 1999
- Added chromosome display to clone page
- Support for alignments using jalview
- Version 2.00, December 14, 1998
- Large scale revamping and revision for Worm data release.
- All site-specific definitions moved to SiteDefs.pm
- Version 1.05, September 17, 1998
- Changed the word "grep" to "text search"
- Small fixes to accomodate changes in AcePerl
- version 1.04 August 4, 1998
- Added support for BLAST searches.
- Added support for inline images.
Lincoln D. Stein, firstname.lastname@example.org
Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory
Last modified: Mon Sep 24 22:52:06 EDT 2001