Perl Basics 1
Expressions, Operators, Basic I/O
Chapters 1, 2 & 4 of Learning Perl.
- What is Perl?
- Some simple Perl scripts
- Mechanics of creating a Perl script
- Processing the Command Line
- Basic I/O
- Create a script called "add" script to sum two arguments:
% add 2 3
- Modify this script so that it checks that both arguments are present:
% add 2
Please provide two numeric arguments.
- Create a script called "now" to print the current time of day:
It is now Sun Jun 6 16:35:40 1999
- Create a script to produce the reverse complement of a sequence
(hint, use the reverse and tr/// functions:
% reversec GAGAGAGAGAGTTTTTTTTT
Lincoln D. Stein, email@example.com
Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory
Last modified: Mon Oct 18 14:49:45 EDT 2004